Bernardo Caprotti

About Bernardo Caprotti

Birth Day: October 07, 1925
Birth Place: Italy
Occupation: owner of Esselunga
Spouse(s): Giuliana Albera
Children: 3
Parent(s): Giuseppe Caprotti Marianne Maire

Bernardo Caprotti

Bernardo Caprotti was born on October 07, 1925 in Italy. Bernardo Caprotti owned privately held Esselunga, the third-largest grocery store chain in Italy at the time of his death in 2016. He started it in 1957 with Nelson Rockefeller, several decades before Rockefeller became vice president of the United States. After hearing that his rivals were discussing a plan to build Italian supermarkets with the grandson of John D. Rockefeller, Caprotti called Nelson out of the blue and offered a larger stake to go into business with him instead. They took a garage in the center of Milan and turned it into Italy's first supermarket. Caprotti wrote a book in 2007 that complained of corruption between rival Coop Italia and local politicians. A city judge fined him $400,000 for statements in the book. In 2005 Caprotti offered to give 92% of his stake in Esselunga to his two children, leaving just 8% for himself. Six years later, he changed his mind and took back the 92% stake. The children sued, but their father won. Caprotti was known to pen snarky letters to the editor when he's been criticized in the Italian media.
Bernardo Caprotti is a member of Food and Beverage

Does Bernardo Caprotti Dead or Alive?

As per our current Database, Bernardo Caprotti has been died on 30 September 2016.

🎂 Bernardo Caprotti - Age, Bio, Faces and Birthday

When Bernardo Caprotti die, Bernardo Caprotti was 91 years old.

Popular As Bernardo Caprotti
Occupation Food and Beverage
Age 91 years old
Zodiac Sign Scorpio
Born October 07, 1925 (Italy)
Birthday October 07
Town/City Italy
Nationality Italy

🌙 Zodiac

Bernardo Caprotti’s zodiac sign is Scorpio. According to astrologers, Scorpio-born are passionate and assertive people. They are determined and decisive, and will research until they find out the truth. Scorpio is a great leader, always aware of the situation and also features prominently in resourcefulness. Scorpio is a Water sign and lives to experience and express emotions. Although emotions are very important for Scorpio, they manifest them differently than other water signs. In any case, you can be sure that the Scorpio will keep your secrets, whatever they may be.

🌙 Chinese Zodiac Signs

Bernardo Caprotti was born in the Year of the Ox. Another of the powerful Chinese Zodiac signs, the Ox is steadfast, solid, a goal-oriented leader, detail-oriented, hard-working, stubborn, serious and introverted but can feel lonely and insecure. Takes comfort in friends and family and is a reliable, protective and strong companion. Compatible with Snake or Rooster.

Some Bernardo Caprotti images

Bernardo Caprotti trend